Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Spaghetti - Clean eating


My kids love spaghetti, and I mean love it! So I have been on the hunt for a clean or at least healthier version of it that actually tastes good and is not full of sugar! I think I finally found it!! My whole family loved this one, so it is definitely kid approved. Best part is that it didn't take a lot of prep time either which is what I have found with other recipes out there. I liked this because being a busy mom I like to save time when I can, especially in the kitchen. If you try this let me know what you think about it.

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs ground turkey or lean beef
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 2 cans (29 oz each) organic crushed tomatoes
  • 1 can organic tomato paste
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 teaspoons sea salt or Himalayan salt
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons oregano
  • 2 teaspoons basil
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 dash of pepper; if desired
Instructions
Thoroughly cook meat.
Combine all ingredients with meat 
Let simmer for about an hour
Serve with whole wheat noodles or spaghetti squash

Nicole McDuffie
Independent Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment