Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Turbo Kick Instructor Training


     I found out about Turbo Kick classes at my very first Super Saturday (quarterly Beachbody meetings).... I was interested to find out more what Turbo Kick was so I did some research online. I found out that 1. anyone could do the instructor training and 2. the classes were FUN!

     I wanted to take the instructor training, but one thing that held me back was of course my own fear. I am extremely shy and just not the outgoing type so to do something like this would mean I would have to get over that! Then I had never actually taken one of the classes. While I had done a workout which was similar called TurboFire, I hadn't actually done a Turbo Kick class. That worried me that I would look silly.

     I proccrastinated on the first training that was near my area due to my own fear and self doubts. One thing that Beachbody has done for me since becoming a coach has taught me to read personal development everyday. Through this I was able to put that fear to the side and I registered for the instructor class! Does that mean I was not super nervous to go? Absolutely not! I was a nervous wreck!

     The morning of the training I got there early. So I sat in my car praying for peace and for me to kick all of my self doubt, fear, and shyness to the door! Guess what? It totally worked! I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and our God is awesome!

     I walked in and everyone was so nice! There were a few other girls that I knew from my training group and they had never taken the classes either, this immediately put me at ease! Since they were in the same boat as me, I wasn't worried about looking silly!

    The instructor was so nice and broke down each step as we begin the training. It was one of the best exercises I have ever done. I was instantly in love with Turbo Kick. The class lasted all day with some sit down talks about how to run Turbo Kick classes and two Turbo Kick classes combined in there. It started at 9 and ended at 5, but it never felt like we were there that long.

    When I left I was a sweaty, tired mess. I was so sore for a couple of days after the training. I am so thankful for the opportunity to do the instructor training.. I am thankful to Beachbody for teaching me the skills to step out of my comfort zone. Once you have the courage to step out of that comfort zone it truly is where the magic happens.

      I have now been practicing Turbo Kick everyday. I don't think I will ever actually teach a class, but just to know that I did the class and got the training which is something I NEVER saw myself doing is just pure awesomesauce! I got out of my comfort zone and did something to prove that I could! If you have never tried Turbo Kick find a class in your area. I think you will love it, and who knows maybe one day soon you will be a Turbo Kick instructor too!


No comments:

Post a Comment