Friday, September 20, 2013

Chicken fajitas

 
I came across this clean eating Chicken Fajitas recipe a few days ago and we gave it a try last night. It was so good that I had to share it with you! I have a family of 6 so I have to use a bit more chicken. You will have to adjust this to your family size.

What you need:

Chicken
Yellow, orange, and red bell peppers (you can just use one color if you like)
olive oil
Fajita seasoning packet
Yellow onion (your discretion here)
100% whole wheat tortilla shells

 
Start with sautéing your chicken. I sautéed mine in a little bit of olive oil, until cooked all the way through. I then added the onion and bell peppers cut up, and cooked those for about 5 minutes. Next,  add 1 packet of fajita seasoning mix. I added the amount of water on the back of the package.   Last, let that cook and marinate while making homemade guacamole.

Guacamole recipe:
1 avocado
1/2 medium tomato
Dash of sea salt.

Blend all of this together in a food processor or similar. This was so good, I couldn't believe how easy it was to make and how amazing the flavor tasted.



Once this part is done you are ready to make your fajitas.




Possible garnishments: sour cream and cheese (go light on these, you don't want it to be unhealthy! ;) )


Be careful on your tortilla shells. Make sure it states 100% whole wheat, otherwise you may be getting some that have bleached flour in it even though it looks like its a wheat tortilla. Always read those labels!
 
Nicole McDuffie
Independent Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment