Friday, June 13, 2014

What is PiYo?

Have you heard of PiYo yet? It was created by one of my favorite trainers, Chalene Johnson, (other programs include; TurboKick, TurboFire, TurboJam, Chalean Extreme, etc). It has been around in gyms for years, but now she has put together a PiYo workout for home DVD through Beachbody. I have taken a live class and have fallen in love. I can not wait for the new program to come out!

What is PiYo?

PiYo is a full body workout that is designed to build strength, increase endurance, and gain flexibility through a unique blend of Yoga and Pilates. The moves fit perfectly together to form a class filled with intense choreography that's fun, challenging, and will make you sweat. It is perfect for beginners or someone who is super fit. This workout is calorie torching and is all about energy, power, and rhythm. Think sculpted abs with increased overall core strength and greater stability.

This program is a low impact workout and there is no jumping or weights required. It will be an awesome option if you are traveling because all you will need are your workout clothes and a DVD player. How awesome is that?





 PiYo Workout By Chalene Johnson Details

  • 60 day workout
  • 9 workouts total
  • 25-45 minute workouts
  • PiYo has modifications offered for beginners, and is great for advanced exercisers as well to help lengthen muscles and burn more calories. (If you don't follow Chalene on Instagram you should, its amazing to me how much HER body has changed in the last few months from doing PiYo!)
  • Coaches get the program a full two weeks before it is released through Beachbody. What does that mean? It means you can get this two weeks earlier than the public through me. Click here to leave your email so that you can get a reminder from me.




My experience with PiYo

I took a PiYo a live PiYo class. I have always had a love for Yoga, but this was so much more fun. I loved every muscle burning minute of it. I drenched in sweat just as if I had down Insanity. The next day I was so sore I could barely get out of bed! I love that kind of soreness though, because it lets me know that I got a great workout in!

This is how Chalene describes PiYo:  "PiYo™, a strength workout, is all about working it to get the most for your money. It’s the perfect blend of many disciplines: sports training, core conditioning, dance, stretch, and athletic drills that will help kick up the calorie burn and build muscle! The dynamic blend of movement increases strength, core stability, and agility. This workout provides an incredible experience and helps you lose weight."





By signing up your email you will be among the first to know the day PiYo is released you will also be eligble for free coaching from me as well as being placed in my PiYo test group. What is this test group? You will be among the first to see results from PiYo and be surrounded with other people doing the same workout for accountability and amazing support. 


Beachbody conducted their own test group and here are some of the amazing results to come out of it:





Would you do a PiYo Workout by Chalene Johnson?





Nicole McDuffie
Independent Team Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment