Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Getting back into my groove!


     I am always hesitant to share about myself on my blog. I felt that this needed to be said because maybe someone else out there is feeling the same way. I have always been a super motivated and driven person when it comes to working out. Especially when I have a program and nutrition guide I can follow. The food and nutrition part has been a complete learning experience along the way. I always do lots of research on how to eat healthy, etc. As many of you know I did the 21 Day Fix, felt great about myself, had tons of energy, woke up feeling good and not tired, etc.  Then when we got done with it the 21 Day Fix, I took a couple of days off! When I was going to get back into it I had some stresses enter my life. I seriously turned to food for comfort. Why? Because I am without a doubt the most emotional eater you will ever eat. Chocolate fixes everything, or so I told myself!

     I really let those life stresses take over. I worked out, but it was halfhearted. I ate out every day for about 3-4 weeks. I also consumed my fair share of junk food and candy. This is totally unlike me, I normally allow a little in moderation, but not like this! What is weird is that the more I moved away from my healthy lifestyle the more I started letting the unhealthy lifestyle take over. It is SO easy to backslide on eating healthy and not working out. I was looking for any excuse to get out of working out each day. Any excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I just couldn’t say NO!  Really strange behavior for me because I really never just quit or give up. I have goals, and one of those is some ABS!!!

     It took me a while to recognize what was happening! I had been feeling weak and not myself for a few days. I sat back one afternoon and realized that I had eaten out every day that week. No wonder I felt like crap, weak, and had a headache every day! What is totally ridiculous about this is that I spent $180 at the grocery store that week and then still ate out every day at $25-$30 a pop to feed my big family. What a waste of money and can we say DUMB?!!  When I realized that I had slowly let that unhealthy lifestyle take back over my life I set a date on when to start back on my journey to reach my goals for myself and my body. I am taking it seriously. I don’t want to fell miserable and out of sorts. I don’t want to let my feelings lead my nutrition any longer!

 


   I planned out my meals; for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. What I do most days is cook more at dinner so that I can have leftovers for lunch. Makes it super simple to figure lunch out and really easy to follow, and if it works why change it?

 


   It is super easy to let stresses pull you under when you are trying to get fit, lose weight, just be healthy, or all the other reasons why you want to eat healthy and lose weight. What matters most is that you just start or get started again. It is not easy to let junk food go, but you know what after a couple of days of not having it the cravings go away. The more you eat of it the more you want. Right?! So get started at it, it doesn’t matter if you are slow about it or can’t work out every day. Don’t let your emotional ties to food or the stresses in your life keep you from getting started or restarted! JUST DO IT! One thing that I LOVE about health, fitness, and nutrition is that the journey never ends! Experiment, find what works for you! It is not one size fits all. So research and get started!

     I have been back at it for 2 days now, and I am already feeling better about myself. It feels good to have a plan and actually stick to it. It makes it feel like all the chaos in your life is not going to take back over and knock you down! Does that make sense?


     I am always here to help you if you want it, reach out, send me a message, and let’s talk about YOUR goals. 

Nicole McDuffie
Independent Beachbody Coach
www.facebook.com/nicolemcduffiesfitness






No comments:

Post a Comment