Friday, September 26, 2014

Clean Eating Sweet Potato Pancakes



I have come to find out that I am loving cooking lately! I love coming up with new ideas for my family, especially breakfast foods. I am so over the sugary cereal. This morning I had a left over sweet potato and I had seen recipes online for sweet potato pancakes. I decided that I wanted to try it this morning. These can also be used if you are on the 21 Day Fix or following a Paleo diet.

Ingredients:

1 small sweet potato
2 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1-2 tsp cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg (optional)

Optional Toppings:
Maple syrup (be careful because if you use to much it has a lot of sugar in it)
Coconut butter
2 tsp honey

Mix all of these ingredients together in a bowl. I cooked mine on a skillet griddle and was able to make 4 small pancakes out of this mixture. Because these are easy to burn cook on medium heat and it takes a little longer to cook because it is a sweet potato.

My final thoughts:

These were much tastier then I thought that they would be! I really liked them and because there is protein and a powerhouse of nutrients from the sweet potato my hunger has been kept at bay.



21 Day Fixers:
1 red, 1 yellow, 1/4 purple

Nicole McDuffie
Independent Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment