Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Lemon Chicken Supreme



We have been searching for some new recipes lately just to come up with something different then the normal weekly dinners we were having.

I came across this one and cooked it last night. What I loved about it is it is a crockpot meal and was super easy to make. What I loved the MOST about it is that it tasted delicious and was so juicy! All of my kids ate it without complaints, a rare occurrence in this house!

Lemon Chicken Supreme:

4 chicken breasts (or as many as you need, but you may need to increase ingredients if you add more)
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary (I was out of rosemary last night, instead I used fresh cilantro and I think I like it better then the rosemary!)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbs butter (real unsalted butter)
1/4 c chicken broth
1/4 c fresh lemon juice (I used a whole lemon, peeled it, and juiced it with my food chopper)
Dash of salt and pepper

Wash chicken, pat dry, season w/salt and pepper.
Melt butter in frying pan and brown chicken and then transfer to crock pot.
Add a little water to the pan and scrap out any brown bits and pour over chicken
Mixed the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the chicken.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7 hours.


We served this with steamed carrots and brown rice. We will be adding this recipe into our rotation of dinners! If you try this let me know what you think!

Nicole McDuffie
Independent Beachbody Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment